Please click image for complete sermon Notes
It’s great being with you all this evening for part 3 of our 50 Days of Transformation Series!
Now, if you’ve been around over the past 3 weeks, you know that our theme verse for these 50 Days of Transformation is Romans 12:2.
- In the NIV, it says, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
- But if you’re using the New Living Translation, as I am, you’ll notice that it reads just a little differently:
- It says this: “Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.”
In other words, according to Paul, one of the main keys to transformation has to do with changing the way we think,
- Which is interesting because, more often than not, when we think about experiencing greater transformation in our lives,
- What we often think we need is for God to change our circumstances.
But God is far more interested in changing the way we think than changing your circumstances.
- And why? Because we’ll never experience real transformation in our lives until our thoughts begin to change.
- And there are 3 reasons for that that I’d like to share with you.