Please Click Image for Complete Sermon Notes
I want to welcome you to Part 5 of our 50 Days of Transformation series, where we’ve been focusing on transformation in seven key areas of our lives.
- So far, we’ve looked at our spiritual health, physical health, mental health… and, last week we looked at emotional
- This week I want us to look at relational health. How we can experience God-empowered transformation in our relationships.
Now, of course, that could be a seven-part series in itself. So, this morning, we’re going to focus on one particular issue that impacts all of us in so many ways… and, that is fear.
- But, more specifically, I want to talk about how we can disarm the fears within us that can so easily impair our relationships.
- And to do that we’re going to go all the way back to the very beginning of Scripture,
- to that first couple, Adam and Eve… because that’s where all the problems started.
After each day of creation, we read, in Genesis 1, that God looked at what He had done and said, “It is good.”
- But, on the 7th day, after breathing life into the crown jewel of His creation, He looked at Adam and said, “It is very good!”
- And yet, now looking at all He had done, God sees one problem. He says, “It’s not good for man to be alone.”
So, God says to Adam, “I will give you a woman who will wash, clean, iron, sew; who will never have ‘headaches’; who loves power tools; who thinks its manly of you when you’re lost and refuse to stop for directions;
- Who appreciates the toilet seat being left up; who thinks it’s cute when you drink out of the carton; who loves everything you love; never complains…”
- Adam says, “Wow… but, God, what’s that going to cost me?” God said, “Well, it’ll cost you an arm and a leg.”
- So, Adam asked, “That seems a little excessive, God… what can I get with a rib?”