Please Click Image for Complete Sermon Notes
Well, for us as Jesus-followers, every moment we share with the Father… experiencing for ourselves His love & goodness & nearness;
- Each and every time we experience His power… seeing the lost saved, for example, the sick healed, the demonized delivered…
- Each and every time, we’re being given a taste of our final destination.
You see, even in the midst of “this present evil age,” as Paul describes it in Galatians 1,
- We’re told in Hebrews 6:5 that, through Jesus Christ, we’re able to “taste of the power of the age to come.”
- And the truth is, in these days of disbelief and growing cynicism, the need for something more than this world has to offer has never been more important.
One way or another, the world around us… our neighbors, our co-workers, our family members…
- They need to know that the Good News of the Kingdom that Jesus came to preach is STILL Good News.
- You know, it’s a little amazing to me. We’re told over and over again in the Gospels that “Everywhere Jesus went, He went preaching the Good News of the Kingdom of God.”
In Luke 4, after preaching the Good News of the Kingdom and healing all kinds of sickness in Capernaum,
- the people begged Jesus to stay with them. But, in verse 43, he replied saying, “I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns too, because that is why I was sent.”
In fact, even after Jesus appeared to His followers after His resurrection, we’re told in Acts 1:3 that He continued speaking to them about the Kingdom of God.
“Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus. After this prayer, the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.”