Please Click on Image for Complete Sermon Notes
As you might know, I’m not exactly the most sports-inclined person you’ll ever meet.
- But I was a third party to a baseball-related conversation a few years ago that was surprisingly interesting!
- What I learned was that, in baseball, when the guy who throws out the first pitch is also the guy who throws out the last pitch, he’s pitched what’s called a complete game.
But what I didn’t know is just how infrequently this happens. Truth is, it hardly ever happens nowadays.
- In fact, over the past ten years, do you know what the record is for the most consecutive complete games by any one pitcher? Four!
- Now maybe you know about all that. But, honestly, it’s a bit shocking to me…
- That throughout the last decade, only a handful of pitchers have managed to pitch even four consecutive games.